Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Wednesday - Temperature Change

It is hard to believe that just this past weekend I was carrying water to the chickens, rabbits, and goat.  Everything was frozen and snow covered the ground.  I had turned a heat light on the chickens.  The goat was bedded down in straw.  Our smallest but oldest rabbit, Winnie, stayed in a cardboard box filled with hay and inside her cage.  She kept pulling the feed and water into the box with her. 

Today temperatures are expected to hit 69 degrees F.  I didn't have to carry water last night because the garden hose was thawed.  I didn't have to turn the heat lamp on; the low last night was 50 degrees F.   Of course now instead of snow on the ground we have mud and I do believe there will be rain today.  Weird weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment