Sunday, January 27, 2013

Banana Bread Recipe

Well, yesterday my father gave me three bananas for the goat to have.  They were definitely past ripe but I decided to eat them instead.  So today I have made two loaves of banana bread.  Here is the recipe I used for two loaves -

Banana Bread
6 Tablespoons butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
3 mashed overripe bananas
1 cup of buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons of baking soda
2 1/4 cups of all purpose flour

1.  Heat over to 300 degrees F.  Grease two loaf pans and line with wax paper.
2.  Using mixer, cream butter and sugar.  Mix in eggs, mashed banana, buttermilk, vanilla, and cinnamon.
3.  Sift together salt, baking soda, and flour in a small bowl.  Then mix into butter mixture.
4.  Pour into pans and bake for 1 hour until a knife inserted comes out clean.  Turn out to cool and remove the wax paper from the bottom while still warm.


I think we will eat one loaf today and freeze the other for later.  Best banana bread ever!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment