Sunday, January 20, 2013

Sunday in the Garden - Designing an herb garden

Today I am going to be setting up an herb garden in my front yard.  My goal was to design the garden so it would be easy to take care of, beautiful to look at, and not a fortune to make.  Today's part will cost $0.  I plan on using some brick pavers my husband has already removed from an old patio.  I lucked out when I checked to see if I had enough scalloped brick border to work around the garden.  I even had one more piece than I needed.  So today I need to dig them up from around an old cedar tree and a spot that we used to plant flowers in that we no longer use (too many pine needles fall on it daily).  I am glad to be able to recycle these into something new.  Plus, a little more labor is good for my health and my budget. So off to work I go!

Here is my quick little idea using Paint of what it will look like -  (No, Aunt Nancy would not have used this but that is the wonderful thing about living in the present day.  However, if she could have, she would have because Aunt Nancy would have looked to make the most of the time and resources she had.) 



No comments:

Post a Comment