Sunday, January 6, 2013

Tea or Soda?

Traditionally the choice of drink in our house is soda.  When I do drink tea I usually have a cup of warm herbal tea.  However, since I am looking for ways to cut our grocery bill and the 2 liter bottles of soda are setting us back $1.50 each time, I decided when we ran out today to make tea.  I had the Lipton's family size tea bags on hand so I made tea, a whole gallon of tea to be exact which only cost about 87 cents to make.  The following are the steps I followed to make the tea:

1. Bring 8 cups of water to boiling on the stove.
2. Steep 4 family size tea bags for 5 minutes.
3. Poor 8 cups of cool water into a cleaned milk jug using a funnel.
4. Remove the tea bags and add 1 cup of sugar to the still hot tea.
5. Stir the tea until the sugar has dissolved.
6. Poor the sugary tea into the milk jug using the funnel.
7. Recap the jug and shake a little to mix.
8. Refrigerate until cool.

Now I only have to wait to see if we will drink the tea and how long the gallon will last. 

No comments:

Post a Comment