Saturday, January 12, 2013

Homemade Flavored Creamer

International Delight's coffee creamer has been a staple of our home for some time; however, with the need to tighten our grocery budget it was one of those things that just had to go.  BUT we don't like coffee that is not flavored so I searched the web and found that many people were using either powdered sugar or condensed milk to make their own.  I opted to try the sweetened condensed versions.  Then I looked in the cupboard to see what we could use to flavor it.  Here is our recipe:

Chocolate Almond Creamer

1.5 cups of skim milk
1 can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
1.5 T cocoa powder
1 tsp almond extract

We had a mason jar that we used to put all of the ingredients in and shook till everything was blended and then we put it in the refrigerator. The jar simply needs to be shaken before using each time.

As I sit here, I am enjoying a cup of coffee with my very own flavored creamer.  I am smiling because not only did it cost less than buying the ID one, but because it tastes great. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment