Friday, January 18, 2013

TGIF - Saving Sugar (our Delaware chicken)

"Mom, Dad is going to save our chicken!" 

You might think there was a fox near, but no there she was - Sugar, stuck on her back again.  For some reason if this particular chicken turns on her back she can't get right side up.  Who knows how long she had been like this since we had been to work all day.  Well, he pushed her back over and there she went covered in mud from all the rain we have had this week. There may even had been a bit of poo on her too.

My daughter and I took the time to gather two huge bags of pine needles from the side of the road.  We covered the chicken pen with them and even put a heat lamp into the corner.  It is supposed to get down in the twenties tonight.  But do you think sugar went and got in the comfy, dry, warm spot?  Oh no, she went right to the only muddy spot left in the pen and there she stood until my daughter picked her up and placed her in the warm corner.  I think I am seeing "survival of fittest" right before my eyes.  Poor sugar!

No comments:

Post a Comment