Thursday, January 31, 2013

Thursday Thoughts - Budget

Today is the last day of January and that means tomorrow is the beginning of a new budget cycle.  We ended January within budget with $12.46 remaining.  We did it!  I am so happy that the whole family got on board and worked hard to stick to the plan.

For February, once again we need to try to spend only $250 on groceries.  We will have some additional expenses this month as both vehicles need to be serviced and Christopher will need shoes.  Not to mention, Valentine's Day will bring more purchases for the kids.  And I am a little anxious about heating this month.  We have already blown through half our tank of gas since it was filled in December.  We need to make it last as long as possible as this is an over $500 expense.

Here are some preliminary plans -
1.  Make my own laundry detergent this month.
2.  Continue making granola bars to go in our lunches.
3.  Try to purchase only one or two meats per week and make them stretch through several meals.
4.  Make a big soup each weekend.
5.  My husband is going to start turning peoples' home videos into digital format to earn some extra money.
6.  I am checking at the YMCA where we are members to see if they have a part time job opening which would allow me to get our membership fee reduced.
7.  I need to fill out and send in our Tax Returns.


No comments:

Post a Comment