Friday, April 26, 2013

Yard Work

Overnight it seems, the leaves unfurled on all the trees.  The grass has thickened into a carpet of tall green.  And there is a dusting of powdery yellow covering the cars.  Everything is green. 

Tonight I came home after work and visiting a sick friend to mow the lawn.  I mowed until it was too dark to see anymore.  How can it be that I have forgotten how to mow in the yard?  Tonight I kept thinking this though!  Which was the best way to mow so that I don't keep going over areas I have already done?  I ran the rider out of gas and then pushed some more, but I still didn't finish the job. 

One thing is for certain, there are many tree limbs that need to be trimmed.  One privet needs to go; it is definitely in the way.  There are still many areas of the yard littered with storm debris that I had to go around.  I have to laugh a little because going through my head in a Dory sounding voice (you know the little blue tang fish from Finding Nemo) was just keep reclaiming, just keep reclaiming.  That is what we are doing one small section at a time.

Thank goodness for fair weather this weekend.  Maybe we will get some more accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment