Sunday, April 14, 2013

The Geese have ate the garden again!

Frustration, frustration, frustration!  After the geese ate the lettuce, collards, and broccoli last time I thought I had solved the problem.  We used rat wire and made a tunnel over the top of the new lettuce plants.  A week went by and we were doing well.  However, this morning, if you had been my neighbor, you would have seen a crazy woman (me) running across the yard in only my shirttail. The white goose honked hysterically as I chased it, pointing my finger,  and commanding it to leave my garden alone!

We are going to attempt once again to make the garden off limits.  My husband was going to build a 2 foot high fence using 1x4x8's but it was out of our budget.  A 10 foot by 14 foot fence would have cost $75 in materials alone.  So, we are improvising!  Using the bamboo which grows in our back yard and a roll of twine that I had on hand we created a 2 foot tall fence for free.  Now the real question is, will it work to keep those pesky varmints out?

No comments:

Post a Comment