Thursday, April 4, 2013

Homemade Muffins

This morning, before the spring break cleaning begins again, I made a hearty family breakfast.  We had bacon, scrapple, eggs, and muffins.  I didn't have any box mixes of muffins in the cupboard, so I made my own.  I was pleased how they turned out; they weren't too sweet.  The kids kept asking for more!  So I would say my muffin experiment was a success.  Here is my recipe -

Basic Muffins

2 c. flour
3/4 c. sugar
2 1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 egg
1 c. milk
1/2 c. butter softened

2 T. sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F or 325 degree F for a dark muffin pan.  Spray muffin pan with non stick cooking spray or line with muffin cups.
2.   Beat the egg, milk, sugar, and butter until creamy.
3.  Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.  Then pour into the egg mixture and beat until blended together.
4.  Pour mixture into the muffin pan.  Mix 2T sugar and 1 tsp. cinnamon together and sprinkle over the muffins.  Bake for 18 minutes.  This makes 12 muffins.







Homemade Cinnamon Nutmeg Muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment