Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Spring Break Cleaning Day 1

Yesterday my husband and I were able to clear away the debris of a cedar and a willow tree from my parent's yard.  Yes, we are now finally getting to cleaning the yards better after Hurricane Sandy, last fall.  We then used the truck to pull the two cars the floods killed off the hill in front of our shed and into my parents driveway.  The salvage yard should be able to hook on to them easily from this new position.

We ended the day feeling good.  Today we are debating an even larger mountain of trees that hides a big portion of our front yard.  This is where we get the most amount of sunlight and therefore it will be the best spot in our yard for a big raised bed garden.  Or maybe we should bag up the contents of our shed so we can reclaim it and put it to use this year.  We have been steadily replacing our lost items with used ones that I have been finding on Craigslist.  They need a home with a roof instead of just the tarp that is covering them now.  I think we will make the final decision after breakfast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment