Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Working in the Herb Garden

It was so exciting to be able to buy a scoop of composted soil without having to pay for delivery or carry home very small bagged soil from the store.  We pulled up near the site in our truck and a gentleman dumped it right into the back with a Bobcat.  I paid $20 for the 1/2 yard scoop.  And it certainly seems that it will be enough to fill the herb garden.

The only bad thing was that it is taking us much longer than we thought to get the herb bed ready.  The salvaged border needed to be buried and that was more of an undertaking than I thought it would be.  My husband said we needed a pick.  Oops, the kids garden tools just weren't meant for this job.  Well, we did get to sides more or less ready before my husband threw in the towel and said he was going to go buy a pick.  It is very important to have the right tools for the job or else what should be simple and not too time consuming becomes a daunting chore.  Lesson learned - if I want this garden thing to work for us, I am going to have to find some extra cash to get the right tools.


No comments:

Post a Comment