Sunday, February 3, 2013

Sunday Morning - Bird Watching from my Window

I believe one of the best things about mornings is being able to sit on my daughter's bed and watch the birds begin to wake and make their way poking and flitting around the yard.  Our yard, it seems, with its huge piles of downed trees and limbs has become a refuge to a wide variety of birds.  Hurricane Sandy caused much damage here, but nature's creatures have adapted and are making the most of what IS.  Perhaps there is a lesson to be learned here for all of us.

This morning we saw the chubbiest of song sparrows I think I have ever seen.  He was more of a ball than anything else.  My children and I snuggled and watched his antics with our binoculars for quite some time.  Life doesn't get better than that!

From this window we have seen cardinals, blue jays, mockingbirds, cat birds, flickers, tufted titmice, sparrows, and juncos.  I wonder how many more we will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment