Monday, February 18, 2013

Happy President's Day!

Yesterday I went with family to see Lincoln.  Three uncles, my mother, and myself braved the frigid temperatures and gusting wind to go to the Marva Theater.  I just love this restored theater.  They only charge $5 for all performances.  There is a feeling of history and a breath of simpler times when you enter.  The giant mega plus sized theaters of today just can't compare in that respect.

The movie was long, but I will say that by the end I was waiting with baited breath to see if Amendment 13 would be passed.  (I know, I know, I already knew it would be.)  Still, it felt like I was there listening to the yeas and nays. 

Today my husband and I are going out for a much needed lunch date.  I think the last time we have been off without the kids was before Christmas.  Olive Garden, here we come! 

No comments:

Post a Comment