Monday, February 4, 2013

Homemade Vanilla Wafers

Last night I made vanilla wafers to pack in our lunches.  They are so easy to make; the hardest thing is to not eat them right away.  I currently have them hidden behind a plant so they will last a few more days.  If only I could keep them hidden from myself.  They are a nice crisp cookie.  This recipe is for vanilla flavored ones, but I think they could be flavored with lemon, orange, or almond instead for variety.  Here is the recipe I used -

Vanilla Wafers

1/2 cup softened butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 Tablespoon vanilla
1 1/3 cup all purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt

1.  Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. 
2.  Beat the butter and sugar until fluffy.  Then beat in the egg and vanilla.
3.  In a small bowl mix the flour, baking powder, and salt together.
4.  Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and beat until well mixed.
5.  Drop by teaspoonful onto an ungreased cookie sheet.  The cookies will spread so leave about 2 inches between cookies.
6.  Bake for 12 - 15 minutes until the edges are golden brown.  Remove and cool on racks.

No comments:

Post a Comment