Saturday, June 1, 2013

It is a good day




I recently finished taking a Spanish class as part of my graduate work.  The instructor was in her 60's and very easy going.  She never seemed stressed.  She let things roll off her back.  I think the best lesson I learned from her was this -  It is a good day - I woke up!

How much truer can you get?  Why should we live the life we have been given in a state of constant worry?  No one knows how many days they will have.  So we should treat each one we are given as the blessing it is. 

Many times I let the weight of problems keep me from enjoying the day.  I end up depressed and spend my day worrying over things I cannot do anything about.  No more!  I am going to adopt this motto and when I feel myself sliding into despair, I will say this to myself -

It is a good day!  I woke up!

No comments:

Post a Comment