Sunday, June 2, 2013

Planning for Grocery Shopping

We just paid to sign my daughter up for Marine Biology Camp this summer.  The cost was $250.  I am therefore trying to be extra cautious with our grocery spending.  So tonight I sat with the Food Lion sale paper and planned my meager purchases.  First thing Sunday morning I plan to arrive and purchase the following -
  • 3 jars of Prego spaghetti sauce for $5
  • 5 lb whole chicken for $5
  • 1 box of Ritz crackers for $2.50
  • 2 boxes of Wheat Thins for $5.00
  • 1 16 slice package of American Cheese slices $2.00
  • 1 64 oz. jug of apple juice $1.69
  • 1 box of spaghett noodles .99
  • 1 can of Manwich .99
  • 5 cans of whole kernal corn $2.50
  • 10 pounds of white potatoes for $2.99
  • 1 3 pound bag of gala apples for $2.99
  • 1 loaf of bread $2.19
I have one $1.00 off coupon for the Ritz/Wheat Thins combo.  So my grand total will  be $31.85
Thank goodness I still have lettuce and celery to harvest in the garden and a few things to pick from in the cupboards.  Plus I will make some cookies to go with our lunches for the week tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment