Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Getting ready to wait

I am up, have had a cup of coffee, and am preparing to leave for the four hour drive to Johns Hopkins hospital.  I have to say, my stress level is pretty high.  I don't like driving in these wee hours of the morning on just a few hours of sleep.  I am not sure yet how long my uncle's' brain surgery will take nor do I have any idea on the prognosis.  The unknown has always been a source of tension for me.

Today I will pray and try to be the strength that my mother and uncles need to help them through the day.  I will read a new book I downloaded onto my Kindle, AWOL on the Appalachian Trail.  I will try to remain positive and hopeful.  It is all any of us can do.  My Spanish instructor said once in class, "I woke up therefore it is a good day!"  Well, I woke up and now it is time to go.  I do hope it is a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment