Monday, July 15, 2013

Summer Schedule

As a teacher I am home for a chunk of the summer.  Not as much time as what the vast majority of the  country thinks!  Today I have to go in to work as well as several other days this summer.  But, I am so thankful for all the days that I can stay home.  It gives me a chance to see what life as a stay at home mom is like.  I value this extra time I have to be with my family.

I am the type of person who really needs a schedule or a checklist to really function at me best.  I don't see this as a short coming.  I look at it as my way to stay on track and keep focused on my family.  I don't want regrets when the summer ends. I want to look back and smile as I think of all the time we spent together doing a variety of wonderful things.

I sat down yesterday and made a list.  It is a list of the things I feel are important to my family.  You will notice there are no set times.  I just wanted to have this visual so that each and every day we could try to do at least 7 of the things on it.  Some days certain activities will take longer than others.

Here is my schedule -

No comments:

Post a Comment