Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Broccoli Ham Quiche

The hens are laying eggs daily and I needed to find some other ways to use them up besides the same old, "Would you  like eggs for breakfast?"  Yesterday I examined two different quiche recipes and and chose what in my opinion was the best of both for my own version.  I have to say it was absolutely yummy.  My daughter even had three slices.  Here is my version -

Broccoli Ham Quiche
Instant Mashed Potatoes (prepared)
2 cups broccoli florets
1 cup of cheddar cheese
3/4 cup of honey ham from the deli sliced into thin strips
3 eggs
1 cup of milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Spray 9 inch pie plate with cooking spray.
2.  Make instant potatoes according to directions on box.
3.  Spread the mashed potatoes into a thin layer covering the bottom and sides of the pie plate.  This serves as the crust.
4.  Bake in oven for 30 minutes.
5.  Layer the broccoli, ham and cheese on top of the potato crust.
6.  Mix the eggs, milk, salt, peper, and nutmeg until frothy. 
7.  Pour the egg mixture over the broccoli, ham, and cheese.
8.  Bake for another 40 to 50 minutes until the egg mixture has become solid and not runny.



No comments:

Post a Comment