Thursday, July 11, 2013

Perfectionist

I have often been told that I am a perfectionist.  People say this word as if it is a bad thing!  I don't think wanting perfection is a bad thing; I think that not being able to cope when things don't turn out perfect is a bad thing. 

I have been taking graduate classes recently to add an English Language Learner endorsement to my teaching license.  I have carefully looked at the course syllabus and the rubrics for grading.  I have taking notes and turned my assignments in early. 

My husband said, "Honey, do you always have to get an A?"
 I responded, "No, I don't have to get an A, but I do have to do my best!

Then an idea popped into my head - I am not a perfectionist.  I just don't do half-assed.  So, I even made up a poster with this saying on it.  I feel liberated!


No comments:

Post a Comment