Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Planting in the Rain

This past Sunday I went to do a wee bit of grocery shopping for our St. Patrick's Day meal and ended up at the local garden center, Thomas' Gardens.  I bought $10.28 worth of veggies.  I got 4, 6 packs to transplant and a couple pounds of red seed potato.  Between the rain drops I managed to get broccoli, buttercrunch lettuce, salad lettuce, and collard greens planted.  While my daughter and I were planting, my husband began cutting bamboo to make our bean teepees.  Then the rain started in again, and we had to stop.  Would you believe it snowed that night!  On March 18, 2013, it snowed, it hailed, and it rained.  At one time when I looked out there were snowflakes falling that were as big as my hand.  My mother described the scene as if mother nature had sent large white butterflies fluttering to the ground.  Very poetic, mom.

Well, so far the plants still seem ok, and we have yet to make the potato tower to start the potatoes.  I think that will be on the agenda for this weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment